Saturday, April 4, 2015

best friends

There is a boy in Joel's class that Joel says is his best friend. His name is Michael, and of course we love Michael. I remember the first time we did a play date with Michael. Michael's mom and I laughed and joked that this was the quietest playdate we'd ever seen.

Although Joel loves Michael, I have no idea if he and Michael have ever had a real conversation, or even really talked to each other. They are off in their own world, playing near each other but not with each other. There's not a lot of interaction going on, but Joel talks about Michael at home and asks "Michael please?! Where's Michael?"

The other day I dropped off Joel at school, and he sat down next to Michael. Joel looked at the door as I left and started to cry. As I watched through the window, I saw Michael pat Joel on the shoulder, and hold his hand gently.

(So now two of us were crying.)

I will always treasure the sweet relationship between these two little boys. Thank you Michael, for being his friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment